Re: New module in GNOME: gnome-internet-radio-locator

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 1:16 PM, Ole Aamot <ole aamotsoftware com> wrote:
What else do I have to do to mark the module
gnome-internet-radio-locator for release in
GNOME 3.29.2 unstable?

Hi Ole,

For GNOME 3.28, we severely downsized what we release to just a few core GNOME apps and dependencies. The motivation behind this change was to reduce the amount of software that the release team was responsible for (it was just too much). Anyway, that more or less corresponds to [1] and dependencies. Everything else was moved off to the world element [2].

It's possible that we could revisit this change! But as things stand, I'd invite you to add gnome-internet-radio-locator to the world element instead. This doesn't require any approval, since world doesn't get officially released by release team. Just add an element file under elements/world, add it to the list in world.bst, and verify that it builds successfully. Feel free to either push directly or open a merge request, as you prefer.

Hope that's OK,

Michael

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta/blob/master/elements/core/meta-gnome-core-utilities.bst [2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta/blob/master/elements/world.bst