Re: GNOME 3.28.2 released

Hi Matthias,

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:24 PM Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of GNOME 3.28.2, the final planned release for the GNOME 3.28 series. It includes numerous bugfixes, documentation improvements, and translation updates,
notably some widely discussed memory leak fixes for GNOME shell.

I think there's been a mistake — the widely discussed fix was on the unstable branch, not intended for GNOME 3.28 until it had been tested more thoroughly.

Looking at the NEWS file, it looks like the release included the unstable GJS 1.53.1 by mistake, instead of the stable 1.52.3. That also includes other changes unrelated to the memory leak fixes which aren't meant to be in a stable release yet.

What should we do to correct this?

Regards,
Philip C