Re: [GitLab] IMPORTANT: Mass migration plan

Many users don’t provide traces at first though

To make sure we are in the same page, the current issue template Nautilus uses does mention how to get a backtrace. Quoting:
# Additional information
<!--
    Provide more information that could be relevant.

    If the issue is a crash, provide a stack trace following the steps in:
    https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/Bugzilla/GettingTraces
-->

Can templates be used for comments too or are they just for the issue description?

Just issue and MR descriptions. Not sure I understood your idea though, what would you put in a comment?

On 24 March 2018 at 14:39, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
> Proper formatting from users is what issue templates are for.

Many users don’t provide traces at first though and they only come in
a later comment. Can templates be used for comments too or are they
just for the issue description?

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director