Re: [GitLab] IMPORTANT: Mass migration plan

On Wed, 2018-03-21 at 08:53 -0400, Carlos Soriano wrote:
Should issues be filed against Infrastructure/GitLab?

Yeah please

which Andre already raised. His proposal to send the announcement

Maybe yeah, I have no idea how to do that or extract this information
though. Feel free to send me the list of projects/contacts and I can
definitely can send an email.

I really don’t think it is a big deal, especially if this is
publicly
announced

It's not about if admins have powers or not, is about the fact of
impersonating a user in comments. It's true that publicly announcing
could
be enough.

AFAIU, it is only data migration, you are not doing anything extra that
was not in the user's intention.

However the other big issue is that notifications would be send
massively, and I don't know how to prevent that. So that's basically
a no-no from the start. Maybe some trick can be done, but no idea.

Cannot you disable the email notifications during the migration?

I mean, when you create a project, set the notification to 'disabled',
and enable them after the migration finishes.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/api/notification_settings.html#doc-nav

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/