Re: No app menu changes for GNOME 3.30, please!

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 8:53 AM, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
I'd expected there to be some discussion about the timeline and a
decision by the Release Team.

As it is, we're less than a week away from UI freeze and most apps
haven't changed their app menus. For consistency's sake, it would be
better to hold off until next release.

I agree with Allan: please don't remove your app menus until after you have branched for 3.30. Removing app menus is a huge deal, and we don't want 3.30 to be an unfinished transition.

From the lack of objections to Allan's original proposal, it's clear that we have consensus on removing the app menus, so I suggest we should feel free to delete our app menus in master after branching for 3.30.

Michael