Re: Gitlab hosting - Fwd: Transmitter - GUI for transmission-daemon and transmission-remote

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Felipe Ferreira da Silva
<ferreiradaselvadev gmail com> wrote:
Since Sébastien brought this up.

Do we want to advertise hosting space if people are thinking of writing
GNOME applications as part of a greater desire to create a more solid
GNOME/GTK+ developer community?

Advantages are that we would be more active in what our developers are
writing and see problems with development.  There would also be a path for
more maintainers in parts of the eco-system.  Also a place for new designers
to find tasks to do.

The engagement/marketing team could start reaching out to developers to
host their GTK+/GNOME project there.  The only issue would be to understand
the costs of hosting as that could be problematic in the long term.  It
could be a great problem to have provided we have stable funding sources.

Thoughts?

sri

Having a hosting space for potential GNOME apps certainly would attract a
developer community, I believe.

If hosting space is an issue, at least a single space where developers and
designers could add a link and description to their project could energize
these developers/designers to be more active on the GNOME community. Nothing
like having your project receiving some attention ;)

Felipe Ferreira da Silva

Issues with hosting space seems like the only reason to not do so, but
if funds can be found to provide such, it seems like a great way to
build community and attract developers. Asking for space (or money to
provide it) may also be a great way to get funding, with easily
observable results. Perhaps Google, Red Hat or Canonical would be
interested in funding?

Emily

--
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Every step is a first step if it's a step in the right direction. -
Sir Terry Pratchett