Help wanted with the shell's top bar

Hi all,

Back in 3.26 we introduced semi-transparency to the shell's top bar. On the design side we were never all that happy with where the UI landed and have wanted to improve it since then. However, we've been unable to make any progress.

We don't want to have another release with the current top bar appearance, so we've decided that, if we can't improve the appearance before the 3.32 UI freeze, we'd prefer to revert back to the always opaque black bar.

So, if you care about the semi-transparent top bar, please help us to improve it this cycle, because otherwise it's going away. :)

The relevant issue: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/408

Thanks,

Allan