Re: Gnome evolution and RFC 6186

On Tue, 2018-04-03 at 07:30 +0100, André Rodier wrote:
I hope I am posting on the right mailing list. I am working on a
project that installs an email server from scratch.

I am setting up DNS records for email services automatic discovery (RFC
6186) but it seems that evolution is ignoring them.

However, something is definitely working, as my domain is hosted on
Gandi, and the automatic settings come back with Gandi IMAP/SMTP
records, even if I don't use Gandi to host emails.

What is the logic used by evolution to automatically discover email
parameters?

AFAIK Evolution just queries api.gnome.org and does not implement RFC
6186. Some reasons are listed in
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/src/mail/e-mail-autoconfig.c#n18

You might get better (and informed) answers by asking on
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-hackers

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net