Re: GNOME Mobile, or "GNOME on Purism's Librem 5"

I can only weight in as regular GNOME user - having GNOME like sleek good looking interface on phone has been long dream of mine. Canonical efforts on mobile were quite commendable, and gave some insights how good potential pure Linux phone with solid, reliable good looking user interface could be.

Now, logistics involved most likely it is insane project to take on, but it feels with all cheap powerful phones around us it is something of interesting quest to take on.

Respectfully,
GNOME user
Peteris Krisjanis.

On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 18:14 +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> > <snip>
> > - try integrating with (currently out-of-tree) OOM killer helpers
> > to go
> > away from application lifetime management by the users
> > - implementing USB "gadget" to share the device's network access,
> > or
> > music library (requires specific hardware with the gadget
> > capability)

<snip>
> Alright, that is great to hear! I am not a UI developer myself,

Those last two don't require writing any UI, at least to start with :)