Re: GitHub mirror creates contribution problems

On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 13:33 +0000, Alberto Fanjul Alonso wrote:
I remember to suggest a PR and the close response easily drive to
correct place.

If it happens *after* the PR has been filed, it doesn't help one bit.
The person might be new to GitHub and go through a number of steps to
submit their PR, and they'd have to do it again to submit it through
bugzilla.

I know bugzilla and git.gnome.org by that time but guess that getting
such response and don't look at it as it seems automatic is the real
problem.

That's not the problem.

Anyway a README.md is available in our projects and is the default
for github (and people used to github). Maybe a simple automatic
rebase on master po f a README.md (and if you want a mirror-master
branch as tip on github) can solve this

That would require making changes to every single mirrored module, so
that's not viable.

On mar, 5 de septiembre de 2017 13:13 Bastien Nocera