Re: Include GNOME Usage in the future releases

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 05:47:29PM +0200, Felipe Borges wrote:
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Adrien Plazas <kekun plazas laposte net>
wrote:
During my quick test I encountered many crashes. The application would
benefit from broader testing and including it as a demo version in a GNOME
release would clearly bring, but having it part of a GNOME release means
branding it to the end users. I would suggest to first get the app in a
more stable test by promoting its usage inside the community before even
discussing whether it should be part of a GNOME release or not, at least
for the next month.

Yes, that's a chicken-egg dilemma. Usage hasn't been tested by many users
so far and we the main motivation of this email was to promote it to a
broader audience.

Is it really a chicken-egg dilemma? Are the crashes and bugs specific to
some hardware or underlying software configuration? Or are the bugs
always reproducible by the maintainer? If it's the latter, I don't see
why it is a chicken-egg dilemma, you have everything in hand to write
(mostly) stable software from day 1.

--
Sébastien