Re: Meson feedback as a user

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
On 24 November 2017 at 14:49, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
>  - Drop the "enable" from --enable-foo boolean options; Meson has
> boolean values, so -Denable-foo=true would read as redundant, and
> -Denable-foo=false would read as contradictory. Use -Dfoo=true or
> -Dfoo=false instead

I'm guilt of this, I'll fix up my projects, but before I do is there
any list of best practices? e.g. should it be

* -Dgtk_doc=true, -Dgtkdoc=true or -Ddocs=true?
* -Dintrospection=true or -Dgobject_introspection=true?
* -Dman=true or -Dman_pages=true
* -Dconsolekit=false or -DConsoleKit=false

And what about  an option about enabling Vala bindings? In libsoup I use -Denable-vala, but if I would like to change it to -Dvala, then:

Option name vala is reserved.

or another logic one -Dvala_bindings:

Option name vala_bindings is reserved.

Any opinion?