Re: Porting applications to meson

On Tue, 2017-05-23 at 09:55 +0100, Javier Jardón wrote:
I've been thinking on doing this for a while, so here you go:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/MesonPorting

        Hi,
do not count with evolution* for now, please. I'm not willing to change
their build system again, that soon after the change to CMake. I'm
quite happy with CMake, to be honest.

And as long as its dependencies like WebKitGTK+ or libical use CMake,
thus it's needed for Continuous, jhbuild, and what-so-ever-other
consumers, there's really not much need to change to Meson for these,
from my point of view.

I know each has its parts which can do better than the other, that's
pretty common. The suggested effort may work for Meson as an advertise
and to popularize it, which can be also good for Meson, no doubt.

        Bye,
        Milan