Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 14:22 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> The outcome of this evaluation process is that we are recommending
> that GNOME sets up its own GitLab instance, as a replacement for
> Bugzilla and cgit.

I 100% support this move. There are inevitably going to be some pain
points, but the end result will be worth it.

That said, here's a potential pain point: in Bugzilla, you can have
different components auto-assign to different accounts, and we made
these @gnome.bugs fake accounts for teams. The docs team uses this to
make it easy to follow docs bugs across products. I don't think GitLab
has any sense of components, preferring the more casual labels for
categorization.

That's a good point. There have been a number of pertinent issues and concerns raised already in this thread. We'll make sure that we review them and provide some feedback.

Allan