Re: Stackexchange community for GNOME/GTK+

Le 2017-05-10 18:17, Sriram Ramkrishna a écrit :
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:38 AM <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
Agreed, I'm a big fan of this but I don't see a reason why it ought to be
a separate community from the existing Stack Overflow site.

At this point the moderator has closed our petition down. I think this is unfortunate, and I have mailed the moderator to figure out the rationale
behind the decision.

Stack Overflow is fine if we are just doing programming questions, but I think we do want other questions on design and maybe asking about features
in GTK+ or GNOME for aspiring application writers.

There already are [gtk], [gnome], [user-interface], [user-experience] tags
on stackoverflow that are adressing most of the programming and design
questions. We often see questions about theming among others.

If some of the aspects of the community interaction you want are not covered by any existing tag, then I suggest creating those tags on stackoverflow and advertising them as an entry point for newcommers. This will avoid fragmention, and make the
GTK+/GNOME communities on stackoverflow stronger.

Cheers,
--
Luis