Re: Meson feedback as a user

On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 04:10:45PM +0200, Iñigo Martínez wrote:
You can also use mesonconf, which will show you all the available options,
even those present in the meson_options.txt file  along with their possible
values.

To activate those options, you can use either meson or mesonconf:

- meson -Denable_docs=true builddir
- mesonconf -Denable_docs=true builddir

Meson site has some more information regarding build options[0].

I agree with you that it would be nice to use the same name for common
options, like gtk docs, just for consistency.

Best regards,

[0] http://mesonbuild.com/Build-options.html#build-options

My main point of my email was that the Meson documentation should be
split in two or three IMHO:
- Simple user doc, how to build a project that uses meson;
- Doc for developers/maintainers that want to use meson as the build
  system of their project;
- Doc for contributors to Meson itself or developers who want to write a
  macro/function (I don't exactly know how Meson works, but I suppose it
  can be extended in some way).

Indeed the documentation that I was looking for (and that was missing in
the manpage or meson --help) is available at:
http://mesonbuild.com/Build-options.html#build-options
but that's the doc for developers/maintainers.

(btw I've now added this to my jhbuildrc:

module_mesonargs['graphene'] = '-Denable-gtk-doc=true'

For Pango the build fails when enabling the docs, I didn't investigate
why).

--
Sébastien