Re: Meson feedback as a user

On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 03:21:51PM +0100, Sam Thursfield wrote:
On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
Out of curiosity, let's look at other GNOME-related modules that use
gtk-doc. What is the name of the option that enables gtk-doc?
- pango:        enable_docs
- gtk+:         enable-documentation
- graphene:     enable-gtk-doc
- atk:          enable_docs

We should indeed work to make these names consistent across GNOME
modules. Having a page on the wiki where we list standard option names
for Meson build systems would be a good start.

To make the names consistent, the best way is to write the name in only
one place, i.e. in meson itself or a meson function/macro. Not in each
individual modules.

Like the GTK_DOC_CHECK Autotools macro.

The same for compiler flags, with the Autotools there is the
AX_COMPILER_FLAGS macro. With meson it seems that the flags are listed
in each GNOME module.

--
Sébastien