Re: GitLab migration status and roadmap

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:

Can you try with https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/commits/master?
It took me 1 second.

17 seconds here on my first attempt. Waaaay too long. That suggests it's not
a GNOME hosting problem.

That was a couple of seconds for me no cache involved whatsoever. I am
pretty sure our numbers are GNOME infra related.

Nonetheless we will reach out to GitLab to see if there are best
practices for deployments performance+scalability.

But I tested that URL twice more with Ctrl+F5 and
got only 3 and 4 seconds, respectively. So it's inconsistent and not always
so slow. But even this is much, much slower than current git.gnome.org (<1
second).

I don't expect GitLab to be as fast as cgit. 3-4 seconds seems like a
reasonable trade-off in exchange for the new features that GitLab brings.
But 17 seconds or 28 seconds is obviously not OK.

Michael