GitLab migration status and roadmap

Hello all,

As you may know we continue working and pushing for our transition from Bugzilla and cgit to GitLab.
Similarly to what we said in the previous mail thread, we are still in the pilot program phase, that means projects that go into our real deployment at gitlab.gnome.org are still manually added and they have to request us to join. We had have many projects and maintainers asking us to move, but as said to you individually we are holding the gates until we fix our remaining blockers.

Good news is that at GUADEC we had Eliran from GitLab and we discussed the blockers for our pilot program and the eventual full migration, and they are doing a great job on prioritizing what GNOME needs to move forward with it.

I hope in the time frame of one month and a half we can have all of you that requested to join the pilot program to be deployed in it. Also I hope in the time frame of 3-4 months the pilot program is successful and therefore we can start the automatic migration for most of the projects, marking as such our definite migration to GitLab.

As usual, feel free to ask any questions in this thread or personally to Alberto Ruiz or me, we are happy to answer.

Thanks all for your patience.

Carlos Soriano