Re: GitLab migration status and roadmap

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hi.

On Fr, 2017-08-11 at 14:37 +0200, Carlos Soriano wrote:
> Also I hope in the time frame of 3-4 months the pilot program is successful
For completeness sake:
Are we still considering to *not* move to Gitlab if that pilot is not
successful?

I would say we won't switch if we discover some big and non fixable core issue. But we need the pilot program to make sure of that, that's the whole point. I'm confident GitLab team will help us if that situation happens though.

How do we measure "success"?

We will measure success as we have been doing until now, identifying issues that impact most of the developers in a daily basis and putting it on the balance with the benefits. It's vague, but I don't think we need something more specific... the pilot program is about getting this feedback from maintainers, and working with the GitLab team to figure out the details we will be finding.

Cheers,
  Tobi

Is that a good enough answer? Or do you want something more specific?

Best,
Carlos Soriano