Re: How to change default umask in gnome 3.22?

Hello Garrett,

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 05:13:59PM +0000, Garrett R. wrote:
I login to session with GDM. I then open gedit. Documents I save all
have rw-r--r--.

I have tried setting umask to 077 at /etc/login.defs, ~/.profile,
~/.gnomerc, ~/.xsessionrc. None of these have any effect.

It appears systemd now manages umask in gnome 3.22. Can someone please
describe how I can change the default umask setting?

I do not have an answer to your question, but from gedit the files are
saved with GIO/GVfs. I don't know if GIO takes into account the umask
setting.

--
Sébastien