Re: JHBuild

On 1 August 2017 at 09:16, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:

is there anything that could be done to make building with JHBuild better?

Maintainers taking ownership of the things in the modulesets would help.

jhbuild build
This command I use at least few times in week and almost always there are
problems. :(

Well, yes: you are, effectively, doing CI on GNOME infrastructure.

We should have a better CI story, at this point.

Additionally, this week most of the maintainers community in GNOME is
at GUADEC, and connectivity has been spotty, so I'd still consider
this week an outlier.

This time it failed quite fast with build failure in pango. New source files
was added to Makefile.am, but not to meson.build. If project has decided to
support both then please test build with both build systems.

Pango is build with Meson on Continuous, and I noticed you fixed the
build when it failed. I'm completely up for dropping Autotools, but
yes: potential breakage of having two build systems in parallel is to
be expected until we can do per-module CI and build with both.

Fixing that did not help a lot... Now colord fails to build. It is ported to
meson, but no one has updated jhbuild modulesets. Can someone please update
it?

I can, but now I can't build colord because the Meson port does not
follow the Autotools base, which means some things are forcibly
required and not disabled.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--