JHBuild

Hi,

is there anything that could be done to make building with JHBuild better?

jhbuild build
This command I use at least few times in week and almost always there are problems. :( Mostly I am using it to update existing modules, but sometimes I start fresh by deleting checkout and install directories.

This time it failed quite fast with build failure in pango. New source files was added to Makefile.am, but not to meson.build. If project has decided to support both then please test build with both build systems.

Fixing that did not help a lot... Now colord fails to build. It is ported to meson, but no one has updated jhbuild modulesets. Can someone please update it?

colord has build-api wrapper, but that does not help because of meson. I prefer to build in srcdir that meson does not like:
Source and build directories must not be the same. Create a pristine build directory.

If meson does not support building in src dir then is it possible to force jhbuild to use builddir with meson even if I have configured to build in src dir?

Same problem with new mozjs, it does not build in src dir.

Then build failure with gst-plugins-bad. It fails 100% if I try to update it. I need first uninstall it:
jhbuild uninstall gst-plugins-bad

Is there something I can do about it? Workaround?

--
Alberts Muktupāvels