Re: Script to format the functions in a C header?

On 11/21/2016 11:01 AM, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
Ok, thanks, I can look at clang-format if it supports the GNOME/GTK+
convention for formatting function prototypes in a header.

Last I tried clang-format it couldn't format our reference alignment rules in function prototypes.

Uncrustify could get closer, but it failed to ensure there was one space between the longest type name and the longest number of references. So I'd get results like:

   (SomethingLonger *foo,
    Worse         ***worse,
    GError         **error)

I wrote the rules in C for Builder using GSV (it auto-formats them when you close a parenthesis), but it fails to take an entire block of function prototypes into account (something I'd like to see improved).

I think Owen wrote an elisp macro for Emacs years ago called "GNOME-align-args" or something like that. That one *might* have handled blocks of functions.

-- Christian