Re: gnome-screensaver: Up for grabs?

On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 14:12 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi;

On 21 July 2016 at 13:42, Ikey Doherty <michael i doherty intel com>
wrote:
So Jeremy Bicha kindly contacted me the other day to express
concern
with Budgie/GNOME Screensaver. I had been toying with the notion of
forking GNOME Screensaver due to its deadness, and making it work
better for Budgie/Modern GNOME integration.

Jeremy correctly pointed out it might be worth maintaining the
project instead, which I'm up for.

AFAIR, gnome-screensaver is part of the "Flashback" session:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeFlashback

given that it uses Metacity.

I don't know how well that works, or whether they've replaced gnome-
screensaver and gnome-settings-daemon yet. I refused to add hacks to
gnome-settings-daemon to make it work under GNOME Flashback as there
were just too many things that wouldn't work properly with it.

I think a fork/rename would be the best option to avoid confusion in
the bug tracker. Given the number of time I have to reassign bugs about
the desktop file manager window to nautilus from gnome-desktop, it
would probably be best if bugs weren't stuck there.