Re: librest API/ABI breakage

Hey,

On Thu, 2016-07-14 at 14:55 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
This is just a headsup that we are about to merge some changes to
librest master which are going to break API/ABI. Main goal is to
change the async API to use GTask, but we are using this break as an
opportunity for more cleanups.

At the moment, the API in librest git master is not going to be
stable,
so I would not recommend porting your module to it yet. The librest-
0-7
branch is going to be the stable branch from which we'll cut releases
if
needed. This one keeps API/ABI stable.

I've updated the jhbuild modulesets so that they use this stable
librest-0-7 branch as well.

Nice!

OOI, are you going to take the opportunity ensure it follows all the
latest parallel installability guidelines as well?

https://developer.gnome.org/programming-guidelines/unstable/parallel-in
stallability.html.en

Highly recommended, as it allows for future API breaks more easily, and
makes sure the headers are in a logical layout in srcdir and when
installed.

Some of the other programming-guidelines pages may also be relevant
(e.g. versioning).

Philip