Bugfix in gnome-sound-recorder

Hi,

Last week I got a report about a bug which broke the waveforms in gnome-sound-recorder in 3.18.1. The problem was caused by improvements which made GStreamer faster and uncovered an uncaught exception in my code. Since 3.18.1 was the last release I made for 3.18, and I've never had to do a bugfix, I don't know how to proceed. Is there some way to distribute a version with the patch? Do I need to file patches to downstream versions?

Thanks very much for your time!
Meg Ford