Re: GNOME Shell browser plugin

I had started working on a service for extensions with sockets and authentication last year,
but I didn't manage to finish. I'm re-writing it with a different design and I hope I can finish in 3-4 months.

I think it would be a better idea to skip sockets that need lots of work, and just provide a web-services API
online, without changing much on the current site. Then you can add a client in Tweak Tool.

You lose the interaction via web-browser, but maintainship would be easier, and perhaps the outcome (usability)
could be better.

Besides GNOME already uses Gnome Software for apps (not an online service), so in theory you could add a
plugin there to just read the web services, and have extensions through there.