Re: Death of gnome-common

Hi;

On 24 June 2015 at 14:13, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 08:56 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
I do hope that, if you're using glib-gettext or intltool, you spend a
little bit of time to port to upstream gettext instead.

Has anyone written a guide on how to do this?

It's the same guide as using gettext. Upstream gettext recognises
desktop files, GSettings schemas, as well as GtkBuilder XML
definitions.

Sadly, it's still in use for AppData XML, but for that (and any other
XML-based format) there's itstool, which is also used by the
documentation team for the application help:

   http://itstool.org/

I thought intltool was preferred.

It was, until gettext got to cover its uses.

We definitely need better documentation for this.

Indeed we do.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--