Re: Death of gnome-common

On 06/22/2015 05:44 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 16:36 +0100, Philip Withnall wrote:
Do we require automake 1.13 though?

Looks like it was released January 1, 2013... so we should.

 Automake 2.0 isn’t out yet (though
it looks cool), so I’d be tempted to leave in the ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS
recommendation for backwards compatibility until automake 2.0 is
released, and then bump everyone’s dependency to automake 1.13 and
drop
use of ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS.

Unless you think automake 2.0 is being released imminently, and we
should instead be adding a hard dependency on automake 1.13 and using
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS to begin with?

Automake 2.0 is supposed to be released later this year, and automake
1.13 has been around for a while, so I would definitely go straight to
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS.

I would personally like to keep GNOME git building with the toolchain
that's in RHEL 7. It's automake 1.13.4 there though, so no problem with
making it a hard dep :)

--
Kalev