Re: Standardizing the "latest dev code" Version field value in GNOME Bugzilla?

On Mon, 2015-01-12 at 21:28 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
1) Does this variety of names create a real problem?
For example, does it make using git-bz harder (remembering the version
value, assuming you mostly develop against the latest code)?
Do you care / do enough people use git-bz / do people not use git-bz
because of this? Other reasons?

The occasional times I'm using git-bz, I am either lucky that it works
or if not, I usually resort back to creating bug reports manually (never
invested enough time to remember the various names used).

From this PoV, I think it would be great if git-bz were able to always
create an entry against 'latest devel branch', without the occasional
contributor having to care for it all.

2) Shall we standardize this? (I volunteer to rename; "git master" seems
to be the most popular option.) Or is that a waste of time?

Sounds like a good approach; I don't mind the name that much, as long as
git-bz basically 'uses the right default'

Cheers,
Dominique
--
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar opensuse org>