GSoC 2015 call for ideas
- From: Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinaz redhat com>
- To: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, soc-mentors-list <soc-mentors-list gnome org>
- Cc: soc-admins <soc-admins gnome org>
- Subject: GSoC 2015 call for ideas
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 00:25:31 -0500 (EST)
Dear GNOME hackers,
It's that time of the year again: Google Summer of Code is approaching. We've updated our program pages 
to have the latest information and we need your help in creating a list of great project ideas. It's
essential that we have a well-prepared ideas page when GNOME applies as a mentoring organization by next
Friday, February 20.
So what should you do? Please visit the ideas page  and enter your project ideas under the "Untriaged
* Discuss your ideas with designers in #gnome-design to get their input and plan collaboration, especially
if your ideas are related to one of the core GNOME modules. If you are not sure who to speak to, start with
Allan Day (aday).
* Consider manageable ideas consisting of multiple smaller features that share a common theme, in addition
to single large feature ideas. See the information for mentors page  for more on preferred project formats
and other mentoring resources.
If you are interested in being a mentor this year or at any point find yourself drafted to be one, please
join soc-mentors-list  to receive future communications about GNOME's participation in GSoC, including the
information about important deadlines.
The GNOME administrators for GSoC participation this year are Alexandre Franke, Christophe Fergeau, Ekaterina
Gerasimova, Lasse Schuirmann, and Marina Zhurakhinskaya. Big thank you to Fabiano Fidencio, who was an
administrator for the last two years! Welcome to Lasse Schuirmann, who was a GSoC participant last year!
The GNOME Google Summer of Code Administrators
] [Thread Prev