Re: Feedback from downstreams presentation from DX hackfest 2015

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 02:37:32PM +0000, Philip Withnall wrote:
What do you mean by reaching out to the advisory board? Reaching out for
further feedback from them as downstreams, or reaching out for resources
to fix such issues? I think the former would be interesting. I’m not
sure the latter is worth their time, since it’s a very loosely defined
goal.

I meant for resources.

Though we should have a team to continuously reach out, find out issues
and act on them. If we don't act/respond (which could be about going
back and saying we cannot change it), then no point in asking.

 4. Instant gratification: documentation changes should be visible
    instantly, rather than waiting 6 months for a GNOME release before
    the docs hit developer.gnome.org.

The current infrastructure really requires tarballs. We could reuse
continuous integration builds to spit out tarballs to feed to
developer.gnome.org. It would not be instant, but you'd cut it down to
15 minutes maybe? It would be a huge improvement.

--
Regards,
Olav