Re: GNOME Software and fwupd

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 19:50 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
I've just merged a patch to gnome-software which adds an optional
(but
default enabled) dependency on fwupd[1]. The fwupd project just
provides a DBus interface for applying low-level firmware to various
types of devices.

I don't know if this makes sense for the continuous integration
server. I don't know if it makes sense to enable by default.
Installing firmware on more devices would be awesome (and make them
more secure) but it is Yet Another Dep.

It's a D-Bus service, can't it be a run-time dependency?