Re: GNOME Goals

On 23/09/14 15:46, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 16:08 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
As a related matter, it seems that the GNOME Goals don't have a lot
of success.

Related, but separate. The problem is not so much slow adoption of
old goals, but lack of approval for new ones. Header bars are still
an unapproved goal that should not yet be implemented? I don't think
so....

I took a look at the GNOME goals just to see where Tracker was with
them, we're actually implementing most of the new unproposed goals
already and I had no idea.

I was hoping there would be some newer ones we could work on too - it would be good to have some more goals in there.

Maybe the problem is that developers are not aware of the goals, so
they fix their own modules unconsciusly (based on their own criteria)
but do not change the module's status in the wiki.

It's partly that, more awareness is always a good thing.

--
Regards,
Martyn

Founder & Director @ Lanedo GmbH.