Re: Giving up maintenership of my modules

On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 13:50 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
        Thanks for announcing because many developers end up AWOL not
        realizing
        and overcommitting while time is precious.

        Wondering if Engagement / Outreach (CCed) has general thoughts
        on
        communicating "modules in need of active maintainership".

It is possible, we could reach out through social media and maybe
reddit/r/gnome or /r/linux.  See if people might be interested in
taking up maintainership.  If you have prospects that you want to tap,
that would be the best though.  It's really inspiring and wonderful to
be recognized and ask to take over a module.

I seriously doubt we'll find a new *maintainer* that way. A maintainer
needs to be somebody who has a track record of contributions. For
example, you might well consider Ross Lagerwall a maintainer of gvfs, or
Phillip Wood one for sound-juicer.

If you manage to find new developers for those projects, maybe in time
they'll rise to become great maintainers...

Cheers