Re: System services & jhbuild

The unfortunate thing is that with modules like NetworkManager, both nm-glib the library and NetworkManager the daemon, and sometimes we require new features and methods in the library, but not the daemon. I'd love to build and install just the library, but that just isn't possible with the build system it currently has.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:

> Unless someone has plans on fixing this (somehow) soon, I would
> suggest we either kick out all system services from jhbuild all
> together or at least remove them from dependency list of other
> modules.

+1 for me,  It should try to use what is already on the system.
Besides, what is the end goal of jhbuild?  Is it to write code against
the latest GNOME or is it to build a complete desktop environment?  I
would argue that we already have gnome-continuous for the latter.
Reducing jhbuild's scope would help make it an easier tool to manage
and actually work.

sri