Re: Debugging gnome dbus services

On Sat, 2014-11-01 at 14:14 +0100, Paul Geisler wrote:
if I modify a service that is controlled by dbus, like eg.
'indicator-datetime-service', build and install it, where can I get
access to it's stderr / stdout messages, like those issued by using
g_warning and other glib logging functions?

If you have systemd then it's all in the systemd journal; access it with
journalctl. You can also use the new gnome-logs app, but it's extremely
slow, so the command line route is still better for the time being.

If you don't have systemd, I dunno.