Re: Debugging gnome dbus services

On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 02:14:54PM +0100, Paul Geisler wrote:
Hi,

if I modify a service that is controlled by dbus, like eg.
'indicator-datetime-service', build and install it, where can I get access
to it's stderr / stdout messages, like those issued by using g_warning and
other glib logging functions?

dbus is hooked up to the systemd journal on a systemd-based system so:
$ journalctl -n 100

will show the last 100 lines for your user (which will include your dbus
service).

Cheers
--
Ross Lagerwall