Re: Qt5 keyboard layout changing

I'm happy that a problem is solved in the thread, but getting back on topic I wanted to ask why the said bug appears only in GNOME? I thought the input stack is mostly identical on Linux desktops, but apparently GNOME differs by some component from the others. I need some direction in finding a workaround or debugging the issue. A few months ago I started reading about xkb and ibus and some other related stuff, but couldn't figure out what GNOME uses that other desktops don't. Any help would be appreciated.

Petko