Re: Coordination for developer documentations

On 7 March 2014 17:45, meg ford <meg387 gmail com> wrote:
> It would also be awesome if whoever takes the lead on this makes sure that
> the functionality we are documenting actually works. If we want devs to be
> able to write GNOME apps then having documentation that matches the
> functionality they can access using the the language application developer
> docs are showing seems pretty key to me.

Sure, this is one of the main motivations for rebasing the
documentation generator on top of introspection data.

There are situations where bindings exist and in fact the functions don't work or the return values need to be accessed in odd ways (for example as by array index). Of course having the documentation is helpful because at least you don't have to mentally translate from C or read the raw gir files in order to figure out if the function should work, but there are some situations in which the documentation will need to be altered to reflect the reality.

Regards,

Tomeu