GNOME 3.11.5

The fifth release of the GNOME 3.12 development cycle is here. See [1] for the new features that have been proposed for this cycle. See [2] for some visual impressions of GNOME 3.11.5.

To compile this release, you can use the jhbuild [3] modulesets [4] (which use the exact tarball versions from the official release).

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointEleven/Features/
[2] http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2014/02/06/a-quick-glance-at-gnome-3-11-5/
[3] http://library.gnome.org/devel/jhbuild/
[4] http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/3.11.5/

The release notes that describe the changes between 3.11.4 and 3.11.5 are available. Go read them to learn what's new in this release:

core - http://download.gnome.org/core/3.11/3.11.5/NEWS
apps - http://download.gnome.org/apps/3.11/3.11.5/NEWS

The GNOME 3.11.5 release itself is available here:

core sources - http://download.gnome.org/core/3.11/3.11.5
apps sources - http://download.gnome.org/apps/3.11/3.11.5

WARNING!
------------------

GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development.

This release is a snapshot of ongoing development, and you should expect a few hickups when trying to build it. A few I noticed include:
- The gnome-control-center network panel team support requires unreleased NetworkManager APIs
- telepathy-mission-control does not build against upower 1.0. Use the --disable-upower configure option for now
- libpeas does not build with js24

But don't let these stop you from testing and reporting the issues you find.

The next release, 3.11.90 is scheduled for February 17, and will mark the being of our freeze period.

For more information about 3.11, the full schedule, the official module lists and the proposed module lists, please see our colorful 3.11 page:
http://www.gnome.org/start/unstable

For a quick overview of the GNOME schedule, please see:
http://live.gnome.org/Schedule

Enjoy,

Matthias Clasen
GNOME Release Team