Re: Stable release policy

On Fri, 2014-08-22 at 21:10 +0100, Ross Lagerwall wrote:
I'd expect core projects to at least make all the releases listed in
the
schedule, but if useful bug fixes have queued up since May 14, it
would
make sense to make a release, right?

Hey Ross,

Of course. You can unscheduled releases whenever you think one's needed,
for exactly that reason: we don't want users to go four months without
bugfixes! Just be reasonable about the frequency of releases; if you
find yourself at 3.x.7 and you're not GTK+ or Evolution then you're
probably releasing too frequently. It's normal for GNOME programs to go
up to 3.x.3, 3.x.4, and sometimes even 3.x.5.

Michael