Re: Middle click, "dumbing down" Slashdotted

On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 20:00 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
  I think ”have not been publicised” is the exact pain point of design
process.  Wider community has no insight into design until it's
finished.  And it's too late for a meaningful input at that point.

you need a design first, if you want to comment on it. also, to dispel
a myth: no design is "finished". ever.

there is always time to fix things.

I think the truth really lies somewhere in the middle. Or rather, it
depends on the *type* of feedback.

Yes, there's always time to tweak things after the design has been
implemented. But if you're trying to have input to the *core* of the
design, that's likely to be hard to change by then.

Now does seem to be about the right time to scream "you will take the
middle-click paste from my cold dead fingers".

Later, after the initial beta release, would be the time to say "oh,
that horrid thing you've done that I never use and keep accidentally
getting when I try to paste, and makes me want to throw my mouse out the
window? Let's make it green instead of blue".

--
dwmw2