Re: App menu Help/About consistency

I disagree.

We need a place with the names of the developers and the
name of the app.

If the name of totem is 'Videos' in the UI, and someone want
to visit in the web of totem, to repo bug or to contribute, he
need the about dialog to know the right name is 'totem', so
he know from where to start.

Also, the about dialog is the place to five credit to the developers
and to the translators (ans also to the designers).

Regards,
Yosef Or Boczko

בתאריך ב', נוב 25, 2013 בשעה 3:51 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> כתב:
On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 13:35 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
 Hey Michael!
Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote: > Many of our apps put Help above About in the app menu, but many put > About above Help. Many of the About labels are "About <app name>", but
 > many omit the app name. Many place a separator between Help/About
 > (whichever is last) and Quit, but many don't.
You're not the first to ask that question... ;) > Can we define a proper way of handling these standard elements? Every
 > detail matters....
Sure, that's what I've been working to do with the new HIG, which has
 a page on application menus [1].
I don't have a massively strong opinion on the label used for the about item, or how help/about/quit should be grouped. I just went with
 what feels right to me. Discussion is welcome, and all that.

FWIW, I think that core apps shouldn't have an about menu item at all,
and it's what I've done in Totem^WVideos for example.

Cheers