Re: Porting GNOME to Wayland

El jue, 21-03-2013 a las 14:27 +0100, Maciej Piechotka escribió:
On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 14:17 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 05:31:38PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
More of a Wayland FAQ, but on which OSes does Wayland run?

I thought it is not Linux-only, but I am not sure. Anyone know?

Quick Google search shows that at least FreeBSD is porting (considering
porting?) Wayland to it's architecture. I haven't found anything on
NetBSD/OpenBSD.

As far as I know, the bulk of the porting work done so far for FreeBSD
was by me, since I needed it for something else. I don't intend to
maintain a FreeBSD port, though that doesn't stop anyone else taking it
on. With some improvements to FreeBSD itself, the differences for
Wayland on Linux and FreeBSD shouldn't be too different. I would expect
the other BSDs to be similar.

Philip