Re: AppData proposal

On 21 August 2013 13:47, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
If you use itstool, you don't have to mangle your input XML.

I discounted itstool as I didn't want *all* the elements translated.

Regardless,
you really ought to specify at what level you expect to see translatable
elements repeated. Do you really want this:

<description>
</description>

This, I guess, although I'm open for ideas.

DOAP's concept of a project is pretty loose, and doesn't necessarily
have to correspond to a tarball or a repository. There's no reason a
package can't have one DOAP file for each application.

True

One reason not to is that doing the kind of rich markup you have in the description element
is a pain in RDF.

RIght, this is/was a major factor.

I went to the AppStream wiki page but didn't see a schema. Do you have
more info yet?

I think this might help;
http://gitorious.org/appstream/appstream-core/trees/master/docs

Thanks for any help,