Re: Correct .doap file syntax for the <name> tag

On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 00:15 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that many repositories are not using the <name> tag
correctly into the respective .doap files. The <name> tag should
possibly match the repository name (i.e gnome-shell.git -->
gnome-shell, gnome-user-docs.git --> gnome-user-docs) for two main
reasons:

1. everyone is aware of which specific module in git is being used for
generating a specific release. (the ftpadmin scripts gets <name> for
generating a mail accordingly to be sent to ftp-release-list, so
something like "Archive Manager" as <name> won't help finding out
where that specific release is being maintained at)

2. many other scripts are relying on <name> matching the exact
repository-name.

Please take a little minute to update the .doap files accordingly in
case your modules are not following the correct syntax.

That's not how the rest of the world uses the name property. If you
want the location of the repository, that's what the location property
of the Repository class is for. Or use a custom property in our DOAP
extension namespace.

Blip uses the name from the DOAP files to show you nice, human-readable
project names, and has no problems also telling you the location of the
repository.

http://blip.blip-monitor.com/set/gnome-3-10-apps

--
Shaun