Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    I found it interesting to think about it this way! We always think about
    companies versus individuals, but I think most companies need to be
    reminded that their Freedom matters too! Thanks for reminding me.

Free software is never a matter of companies vs individuals.
We're not against commercial software and never were.
We're against proprietary software.

It's true that most commercial software is proprietary,
and we're against it -- but not directly because it's commercial.
Meanwhile, some commercial programs are free, and we are
grateful for their development.

When you see someone contrasting "free software" with "commercial
software", it is very important to set the confusion straight.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation