Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 13:54 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    We should pick our fights, on the other hand, GitHub has released more
    open source code and tools than the gitorious community.

In connection with GNOME, please say "free/libre", not "open source".

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
for more explanation of the difference between free software and open
source.  See also http://thebaffler.com/past/the_meme_hustler for
Evgeny Morozov's article on the same point.

Richard, is this an automated email reply? Because from the context of
the discussion I was expecting a more thoughtful intervention than this
one. :)

Claudio